The History of ‘The Bell at Sapperton’
The rural parish of Sapperton, including the villages of Sapperton and Frampton Mansell, lies 4½ miles west of Cirencester. Except where it crosses the river to take in Dorvel Wood, the northern boundary of the parish follows the ancient course of the River Frome.
The Bell at Sapperton is mentioned in various historic records dating back to 1755, although it is known to have been in business for some time prior to that date.
Looking back is valuable. And we like to remember our historic roots.
The story of The Bell stretches back for hundreds of years.
Our history is great but the future is even better!